After an almost 2 year hiatus, it’s time to revive this series, although I’m not yet sure if it’s going to be weekly again.
- 10 Lessons From Real-Life Revolutions That Fictional Dystopias Ignore
Ignoring artistic license, there are some interesting points here regarding real life revolutions.
- Enter Pyongyang
An interesting video about the normally extremely secluded DPRK.
- How ISIS Works
Some background information on organization, finances, etc.
- Life in Ulaanbaatar’s tent city is hard
A nice piece on the tent slums of Ulaanbaatar.
- Tunisian street art - in pictures
Amazing pictures from the “Djerbahood” project.
- How quitting my corporate job for my startup dream f*cked my life up
IMHO one of the more reasonable startups pieces I read lately.
- In Maryland, a Soviet-Style Punishment for a Novelist
The times they are a-changin’…
- “Music is a weapon” – Alec Empire on Digital Hardcore
A good read not only for ATR fans.
- Khartoum: the most selfish city?
This article certainly enhanced my limited understanding of Sudanese issues.
- Stir crazy
The SEA Globe writes about the Thai prison system.