- Jailed in Singapore for writing a book they didn’t like
A British write was jailed in Singapore for writing a book about the judiciary system that the authorities didn’t like.
- Von wegen weg mit den Wiener Wagentruppen
Some people in Vienna try to live an alternative lifestyle, which is not always easy in this city (in German).
- Top Ten Myths about the Libya War
Very nice and informative article, I should follow this blog more closely.
- Cities in Fact and Fiction: An Interview with William Gibson
An interview with William Gibson about cities, where he mentions many of the reasons why I also like them.
- Remapping the World
Part of Time magazine’s series 10 Ideas for the Next 10 Years this article suggests a world where we get rid of political borders.
- How dead is dead?
A survey about dead people vs people in permanent vegetative states had surprising results.
- Fukushima Robot Operator Writes Tell-All Blog
Fascinating article about a Japanese robot operator who helps with the Fukushima cleanup operation.
- Prescient but Not Perfect: A Look Back at a 1966 Scientific American Article on Systems Analysis
Peter Norvig looks at a 45 year old programming article. And since the language used isn’t around anymore, he writes a translator to Python along the way.
- The Tel Aviv Spring: Mass Demonstrations with a Cheesy Origin
The current wave of social unrest also spread to Israel, although in a very peaceful way.
- Asia’s lonely hearts
As less Asian women want to marry, societal changes are imminent.