- The best idea to redevelop Dharavi slum? Scrap the plans and start again
When visiting Dharavi in 2008 I was blown away. Certainly not what I expected from a slum.
- Modernization Theory and Uncritical Histories: A Review of South Korea’s Rise
Since I’m not a big fan of modernization theory myself, this resonates with me.
- Ancient Civilizations Held The Key To Gotham’s Growth
Maybe some things really don’t change.
- Why are women leaving the tech industry in droves?
As if our industry didn’t already have a pretty bad male:female ratio…
- ‘Nobody My Age Can Afford to Stay Here Forever’
Unfortunately London’s not the only city that’s becoming unlivable.
- 10 photos of the real 19th Century Gangs of New York
- The disappeared: Chicago police detain Americans at abuse-laden ‘black site’
No matter where they are, “black sites” should not be part of any law enforcement apparatus.
- Visualizing Hold’em Hands
Poker and visualizations in one post, I basically had to include this.
- Antiwork – a radical shift in how we view “jobs”
I always was of the opinion that work is overrated.