- Hot spring yields hybrid genome
This is about a month old, but I finally got around to reading it. Also: a combined RNA+DNA virus, damn.
- Kodak Had A Secret Nuclear Reactor Loaded With Enriched Uranium Hidden In A Basement
While “they could have started their own nuclear war if they wanted” is a terrible exaggeration, this is still interesting.
- Who wants to buy Honduras
I’m not sure what to think of this proposed “charter city”.
- The Bizarre History of the Vibrator: From Cleopatra’s Angry Bees to Steam-Powered Dildos
A Gizmondo article on a different kind of gadget.
- 5 Gender Stereotypes That Used To Be the Exact Opposite
Since this is from Cracked.com it’s rather light-hearted, but still something you may want to send to people who are too stuck on certain gender roles.
- The Short, 16-Step Guide to Getting Rid of Your Crap
I’ve also followed this “own less” approach for a few years now, it’s quite liberating.
- Oracle Goes for Broke in Court Battle With Google
Interesting. Also: coolest judge ever?
- Gödel and the limits of logic
A very nice article on Kurt Gödel.
- Google goes cancer: Researchers use search engine algorithm to find cancer biomarkers
Nice work by TU Dresden.
- Why Aren’t Cities Littered With Dead Pigeons?
This is the sort of question that really needs an answer.