- Corporate Rule of Cyberspace
Philosopher Slavoj Žižek offers some thoughts on cloud computing. Some of the comments are interesting too.
- A Robot Stole My Pulitzer!
On automated journalism and the potential consequences for society.
- A Forth Story…
This long text from 1995 is not only interesting because it talks about Forth, but also because of the history of programming in the 70s, 80s and 90s.
- Giving divorce a bad name
South Sudan invaded an oil field in Sudan, which could lead to a fierce war. Make sure to read the comments too, there’s some good stuff in there.
- Code Not Physical Property, Court Rules in Goldman Sachs Espionage Case
An update on the Aleynikov vs Goldman Sachs case.
- Computer Scientists Build Computer Using Swarms of Crabs
A computer exploiting the swarming behavior of soldier crabs. Ok, maybe just a function OR gate, but still rather cool.
- Physicist Uses Math to Beat Traffic Ticket
Who says math can’t be useful in your daily life? ;-)
- Rosen aus dem Beton
About street gangs and gang related violence in Los Angeles (in German).
- What Amazon’s ebook strategy means
Wether you agree with Charlie Stross or not, his posts are usually well written and provide food for thought.
- Olympics 2012: branding ‘police’ to protect sponsors’ exclusive rights
Brave new corporate world.