We defeat SOPA today, only to face it again tomorrow. It’s like trying to stop a cold by blowing your nose. It’s time we go after the virus.
- Blue cabinet
A project that wants “to name, shame and expose those who profit on selling the surveillance equipment that enables the intimidation, harassment and killing of innocent people”.
- Making Love To WebKit
Acko.net always had awesome design, but his newest one is absolutely mindblowing.
- said the pot to the kettle
This PDf subtitled “feminist theory for anarchist men” is a good read for everyone who’s interested in overcoming antiquated gender stereotypes, be they male or female.
- I hope SOPA passes
Typical Maddox style.
- Behavioral economics and facebook conspiracy theories
While the author talks about a conspiracy theory, I think it’s fair to assume that the big web companies do use behavioral psychology when trying to get us to click on ads.
- An Iran war is brewing from mutual ignorance and chronic miscalculation
I still have the naive hope that war is evitable.
- US-Copyright-Cops greifen weltweit zu
If you have German speaking friends who you want to educate about SOPA/PIPA, point them to this article by “Der Spiegel”.
- Paredit - emacs minor mode
A neat presentation on Paredit, a great Emacs minor mode for Lisp hackers.
- In Which I Fix My Girlfriend’s Grandparents’ WIFI And Am Hailed As A Conquering Hero.
We’ve all been there, but this is brilliantly told.
- People Are Awesome: The Coffee Shop Where Everyone Pays for Everyone Else’s Drinks
It’s not often enough that I get to post something nice here.