- My history with Forth & stack machines
I haven’t included a proper programming article in a while, but this one is a really good read, even though it “only” covers one person’s experience with Forth.
- Behind the scenes at the death squads of Chechnya
A shocking account of the goings-on in Chechnya.
- Uberdata: How prostitution and alcohol make Uber better
You know I like cool posts about math/statistics. This is one.
- How to Beat Terrorism: Refuse to Be Terrorized
I agree with the headline and the general position in the article, but find some things in it a bit strange.
- In China, what you eat tells who you are
In a country stricken with food scandals, the rich and powerful establish their own supplies.
- Johann Hari: Cheap meat, MRSA and deadly greed
Another article on food safety and once again I don’t really understand how we as a species seem so keen on wiping ourselves out.
- Flipping the classroom
How online-based learned tools are changing the classroom.
- Stand up against the anti-technology terrorists
In Mexico scientists working in nano-technology and related fields are apparently becoming targets for letter/package bombs.
- Are Genes Our Destiny? Scientists Discover ‘Hidden’ Code in DNA Evolves More Rapidly Than Genetic Code
Interesting new results on the role of epigenetics.
- How to get $12 billion of gold to Venezuela
This is a bit older, but still interesting. How could Hugo Chavez get all the gold from the UK to Venezuela?