- Take a look at the world’s oldest mathematical object
A short article about the Ishango bone, apparently the "oldest known object containing logical carvings".
- Nemesis: Der Todesstern und die Dinosaurier
Somehow I’ve missed the Nemesis theory until now, but it sure is interesting (in German).
- Rich Hickey Q&A
Great interview with Rich Hickey in Code Quarterly. Whenever I hear/read something by Rich, I understand why Clojure is such an awesome language.
- Earth may be headed into a mini Ice Age within a decade
Hm, finally a good excuse to move to warmer places for good? Or not?
- DIY Weapons of the Libyan Rebels
The creativity of humans when it comes to killing each other never ceases to amaze and sadden me.
- Indian Village Renamed Snapdeal.com. And It’s Not A Cheap Marketing Stunt!
IMHO as long as people get helped, it doesn’t even matter if it’s a marketing stunt or not. More companies should do something for their local communities.
- LulzSec – 1000th tweet statement
Since LulzSec was all over the news this week, I decided to include their open letter. There also was an answer.
- Translation technology may let humans speak with dolphins
That would be awesome.
- Top 10 media manipulation strategies
A list compiled by Noam Chomsky.
- High school grad builds 8-bit computer from scratch, complete with custom OS and Pong
Simply amazing, an 18 yo builds a computer from scratch and then implements a custom OS and some games.