- Republic of Ireland abandoning religion faster than almost every other country
Seems the scandals of recent years are showing effects even in the most catholic of countries.
- How Advertisers Convinced Americans They Smelled Bad
Very interesting piece on early 20th century ad campaigns.
- A Day Job Waiting for a Kill Shot a World Away
A good NYT article on drone pilots.
- Global Warming’s Terrifying New Math
This article on global warming doesn’t exactly make me optimistic about the planet’s future.
- Sidney Rittenberg: Reflections on a lifetime in China
An American who joined the Chinese Communist Party talks about his past experiences. Fascinating stuff.
- “Auch Anarchismus muss öffentlich diskutiert werden”
Austrian newspaper “Der Standard” conducted this interview because of the Anarchist conference in Saint-Imier (in German).
- Arms Trade
This Chrome Experiment provides an interesting visualization of the global arms trade.
- WIKILEAKS: Surveillance Cameras Around The Country Are Being Used In A Huge Spy Network
If this is true, it’s very scary.
- Greece rounds up thousands of immigrants in weekend sweep
Not entirely unexpected, but this obviously won’t solve any of the real issues at hand here.
- The Robbers Cave Experiment
A very interesting experiment about how easy it is to divide humans into groups.