- Relativistic Baseball
Randal Munroe of xkcd fame has a new blog where he answers hypothetical questions about physics.
- Scientists Create Molecule to Make Teeth Cavityproof
And if that weren’t enough, it can be added to sweets and chewing gum.
- How the news gets out
The Economist explains how it gets information from inside Syria.
- How Kate Middleton’s Wedding Gown Demonstrates Wikipedia’s Woman Problem
While it’s true that Wikipedia has a majority of male editors, this debate seems odd (men = articles on Linux, women = dresses and makeup). Decide for yourself.
- German security experts find major flaw in credit card terminals
Karsten Nohl is at it again.
- In Dieting, Magic Isn’t a Substitute for Science
This article sums up how I lost around 30 kilos (around 66lbs.) in 10 month: less calories in (I still eat a lot, but reduced calories from drinks like beer or sodas), more calories out. And I’ve been stable for almost 4 years now.
- Aftermath Of The Pirate Bay Trial: Peter Sunde’s Plea — In His Own Words
It’s bad enough if corporations and lobbyists manipulate legislation, but once they also influence the judiciary system, things can get really nasty.
- Q: Why Do We Wear Pants? A: Horses
I’m a fan of useless trivia.