It was like finding out your husband didn’t just cheat, but had a frequent-flier account with every brothel in North America for the past 10 years.
- I Don’t “Get” Art
More than once I found myself at an exhibition with exactly the same thoughts.
- I’ve been playing the same game of Civilization II for almost 10 years. This is the result.
A Redditor describes the in-game worl of a game of Civilization II he’s been playing for 10 years. Also see the new subreddit, the interview with Sid Meier and a player who managed to save the world.
- Colours in movie posters since 1914
I love how engineers tackle all sorts of problems.
- The Kachin borderlands
China’s political and economic impact on Burma’s border state Kachin.
- Top US universities put their reputations online
On the online courses offered by MIT, Harvard and Stanford.
- The Great German Energy Experiment
After Fukushima Germany decided to change its energy policies. Was this really a wise decision?
- The Scam Wall Street Learned From the Mafia
Another great article by the Rolling Stone, I always like how direct they are.
- Lebenslang für Norwegen
The Breivik trial is coming to its end, but the scars in the Norwegian psyche are deep (in German).
- When My Crazy Father Actually Lost His Mind
A touching personal account of a family dealing with mental illness.
- Like a prion, Alzheimer’s protein seeds itself in the brain
Always good to see some new research on a disease like Alzheimer’s.