[H]e worries that economic and ecological collapse will come much sooner than we think, and that the time to start behaving in an anarchic way—taking care of ourselves instead of deferring to government and big business—is now. He wants, in his words, for people to have a “soft landing” when the global shit hits the global fan.
- Why I think RMS is a fanatic, and why that matters.
The most current “RMS is a fanatic” post by ESR. While he may be right that pragmatism sells better, I always admired Stallman’s approach.
- Why Privacy Matters Even if You Have ‘Nothing to Hide’
Most of the readers of my blog are probably aware of everything written in this article, but it’s a very good resource for sending to people who don’t follow the privacy debate much.
- Crypto breakthrough shows Flame was designed by world-class scientists
Some more background on Flame.
- Anarchy Is Boring
This is a good article a lot of people calling themselves anarchists should read.
- G8-Gipfel in Genua - Letzter Akt mit hohen Haftstrafen?
11 years after the protests it seems like several protesters will have to go for a long time (in German).
- The Male Gaze
I hope that one day I can stop including articles about discrimation against women in tech.
- A game theoretic approach to the toilet seat problem
Mathematics to the rescue.
- The Use of Computers to Support Oppression
On the role of computers in the South African apartheid system.