You don’t simply get to say you’re not a racist; not being racist — or a sexist or a homophobe — is a constant, arduous process of unlearning, of being uncomfortable, of eating crow and being humbled and re-evaluating.
- The Racist Harvard Law Student and Naming Names
The quote above says it all.
- Nazi-Vergleich zwingt Berliner Piraten zum Rückzug
The German Pirate Party currently has problems dealing with rightwing views within their ranks.
- 10 Things Science Says Will Make You Happy
While there are no real surprises on this list, a lot of people — myself included — tend to forget some of the points mentioned in this article.
- Liquid Constitution
Island uses Liquid Democracy for rewriting the constitution (in German).
- For Best Results, Forget the Bonus
Why bonuses don’t really work as motivation for employees.
- Coolest jobs in tech (literally): running a South Pole data center
Literally and figuratively this is a cool job indeed.
- Is Psychology About to Come Undone?
A researcher is trying to replicate resuls from studies published in various magazines to double check their results.