- New Year’s Resolution: Full Disk Encryption on Every Computer You Own
The EFF has a great suggestion for a New Year’s resolution.
- My Favorite Strange Number: Ω
Yeah for obscure math.
- Richard Stallman Was Right All Along
It’s not often enough that one reads something positive about RMS, which frankly speaking is a shame.
- Zukunft in Selbstverwaltung
People in Venezuela’s capital are organising themselves in order to take care of things the state fails to provide (in German).
- Uncloaking a Slumlord Conspiracy with Social Network Analysis
Using social network analysis for social justice.
- U.S. Government Calls to Censor Twitter Threaten Free Speech
Yes, that’s 2 articles by the EFF in one issue of the Information Overload. It’s not my fault they write so much sensible stuff…
- Learning From The Masters: Level Design In The Legend Of Zelda
See this as a kind of follow-up to another Zelda related article I posted not so long ago.
- Mathematicians Solve Minimum Sudoku Problem
Unfortunately this was proven by using a computer to brute force the problem space, much like the Four Color Theorem. A “proper” proof would be nice and I’m sure it would make for an interesting read.
- An Optimistic History of the Next 40 Years
That’s certainly a more optimistic guess than anything I can come up with. Unfortunately I’m afraid this will stay the stuff for SciFi novels…
- David Lynch: Why brutality makes me laugh
An interview with David Lynch about his latest musical project.