- Spontane Demo am Wiener Gürtel!
Little recap of the demonstration that followed the eviction of squatters in Vienna last week (in German).
- Who? Are? The Ninety-Nine Percent?
Or: “We are the 99%, but some of us more so than others”.
- Jeff Bezos Owns the Web in More Ways Than You Think
Not only is this Wired article the most sensible analysis of the Kindle Fire I’ve read so far, the interview with Jeff Bezos is also very interesting.
- Steven Pinker: Humans are less violent than ever
This clearly seems to have a certain agenda and I tend to disagree with some of the things said (especially the use of “anarchy”), but I’ll let you draw your own conclusions.
- Paul Dirac: The unsung genius
There’s now an exhibition on Paul Dirac, a physicists who gets a lot less exposure than he deserves.
- The truth about life as a lap-dancer
Apparently some people consider the lives of lap dancers glamorous, a myth this article and the book it’s about try to debunk.
- Bye-bye cheap, Chinese labor
It’s articles like this one that really demonstrate how a lot of people feel about other countries: stay poor, so we can get cheap stuff.
- Public Opinion and the Occupy Movement
Interesting New York Times visualization of opinions about the Occupy Wall Street movement.
- To Save Europe They Had To Kill Democracy
Read the article, read the comments, what do you think?
- Declassified Bunker Of the USSR
Cool photo series of a former Soviet bunker which got declassified.