- Transcending the Human, DIY Style
DIY biohacking and transhumanism. I have a feeling we’ll see more of this in the not too distant future.
- Six ads that changed the way you think
I’ve always been interested in good ads and this BBC article lists some that each changed the industry in their own way.
- The surprising usefulness of sloppy arithmetic
A computer chip providing imprecise answers could speed up tasks like video processing or human-computer interaction.
- Everything the Internet Knows About Me
“Lifelogging” can indeed be quite interesting, which is why I use sites like Foursquare (but often don’t share my checkins etc.).
- Clickable Index Map of Mathematics
While not exactly visually pleasing, this is an interesting way to browse through the body of modern mathematics.
- Game on for the virtual sweatshop
The Financial Times on WoW, gold farming and digital economies.
- The Agonizing Last Words of Programmer Bill Zeller
Bill Zeller’s suicide note, a talented individual who took his own life because he was sexually abused as a child.
- The subject of suicide & why I’m alive today
Mashable journalist Jolie O’Dell tells the story of her own attempted suicide as a reaction to Bill Zeller’s.
- Francis Ford Coppola: On Risk, Money, Craft & Collaboration
Very nice Q&A session with Francis Ford Coppola.
- “Ich bin ein weisser Neger”
Very interesting interview with author, former professor of sociology and UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food, Jean Ziegler.