- Designing For Jedi
On libertarians and the Victorian Era.
- Full-body scanners are waste of money, Israeli expert says
The former chief security officer of Tel Aviv’s Ben Gurion airport explains why he thinks full-body scanner are a waste of money.
- Sweet bypass for student finger scanner
Australian school’s plan to use fingerprint readers to track students’ attendance might be foiled by the good old gummy bear attack?
- Scale of Universe
An interactive tool to visualize the scale of the universe from quantum foam to beyond the observable universe. Mind-boggling!
- What a Rotten World It Can Be: Report Says Three-Fourths of World Is Corrupt
Transparency International’s Corruption Perceptions Index 2010 is out, once again with depressing results.
- Composing J in my mind
Also over a year old, this post by @kaleidic on J is a good reminder why it’s such an awesome language that I want to spend more time with.
- Peter Bossman becomes Eastern Europe’s first black mayor
After many depressing elections in Europe, it’s good to have some positive news at last.
- Andrew Horner: The reverse job applicant
An interesting way to look for a job, good luck to the author!
- Think Again: Global Aging
Awesome article on global aging and the reasons for and consequences of demographic shifts.
- Super Mario Bros.’ 25th: Miyamoto Reveals All
Happy birthday Super Mario Bros!