A couple of days ago I decided that I want to play around with Rubinius, so I cloned the source from GitHub and thought I was ready to go. As it turned out that wasn’t quite the case, since my first attempt to build it ended in the second error can see here:
I hopped into #rubinius to find out if more people have this problem, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. At least I learnt that most active develop is going into the ‘stackfull’ branch, so I did a ‘git checkout origin/stackfull’ and gave the build another try, which resulted in the first error message you see above.
Determined not to give up, I decided to try one last time with ‘rake vm:clean’ and ‘rake build:debug’ and to my surprise ended up with a working Rubinius install :-)