- Golden Years
As Singapore turns 50 some people are challenging the official narrative.
- Veteran foreign journalists to leave Thailand following threats
The sad part is that they feel they have to leave in order to assure their safety.
- The Mediterranean’s urban sprawl: ‘You know a city’s near by the plastic in the sea’
The Mediterranean’s coastline is being heavily urbanzied.
- 40 brilliant idioms that simply can’t be translated literally
I love idioms, and this is a pretty good collection.
- Chinese Businessmen Paying $80,000 to Hunt Polar Bears in Canada
“I don’t want to live on this planet anymore!“ — Professor Farnsworth
- The Benefits of a Lunch Hour Walk
Even though I don’t do it enough, I’m a big fan of lunch hour walks myself.
- How I Brightened My Bank Job with Crystal Meth
I think I’d do the same if I had to work for a bank.
- Soldiers’ ration kits tell us a lot about their nations
A very interesting photo series.
- The Strange Tale of the North Pond Hermit
This is quite a long read, but well worth it.