Because groups with wildly different perspectives dominate politics, the observation that ninety-nine per cent of Americans are being left behind economically isn’t of much use politically. The ninety-nine per cent is too big a category to be an effective political force.
- Mozilla Slams CISPA, Breaking Silicon Valley’s Silence On Cybersecurity Bill
Finally someone in the valley speaks out against CISPA.
- Sanctions against Syria finding unintended targets
Every time I read about sanctions against a country, they only seem to affect the wrong people.
- The Google attack: How I attacked myself using Google Spreadsheets and I ramped up a $1000 bandwidth bill
Very interesting read. In a previous company we started discussing the idea of “financial DoS” using AWS over 2 years ago.
- Evening the Odds<brOn inequality in the US.
- Roger Penrose Says Physics Is Wrong, From String Theory to Quantum Mechanics
Interesting interview with Roger Penrose. I especially like the part about him and MC Escher.
- Bad Boy aus gutem Hause
An obituary for MCA by Der Spiegel (in German).
- The Bo scandal: how we got that story
Background info on how journalists uncovered the scandal around Bo Xilai.
- When half a million Americans died and nobody noticed
If this is true, this is a pretty bad pharmaceutical scandal.
- Self-Awareness Matters: Finding Your Filters
This sounds interesting, I may try that out.
- Cheap help from Uganda
US security firms in Iraq exploit workers from Uganda and other “third countries”. Unless they are white.