Economic development and social stability require freedom of expression, and an independent media to report on issues and abuses that government officials want to sweep under the rug.
- Silly Putty for Potholes
A practical application for non-Newtonian fluids, great idea.
- Avoiding The BlackBerry Blues: Know When To Fire Yourself
More startup founders should read this.
- Vietnam: Immediately Release Rights Bloggers
Sometimes I wonder how much longer it will be before we see this kind of article about Europe…
- Asia’s Endangered Species: The Expat
To quote the article, “Western companies must approach newly empowered Asian companies and consumers as equals and clients — not just manufacturing partners”.
- An Interview With Linus Torvalds
I generally like interviews with Linux Torvals and this one is no exception.
- It’ll cost you
How much would a Scottish independence cost and how will this influence the referendum in 2014?
- SpaceX Given Green Light for First Launch to Space Station
Soon the first commercial carrier will deliver cargo to the ISS.
- How America Came To Torture Its Prisoners
Don’t blame this on some misguided individuals, this was planned from the top.
- China: Crowdsourced Tax Enforcement
Once again China comes up with a clever solution to a problem.
- How do you like your meat?
Interesting article on lab grown meat.
Would some kernel people prefer getting tucked in at night instead of being cursed at? I’m sure that would be appreciated. I don’t think I have it in me, though.