- Höfische Gesellschaft 2.0
How social media resembles imperial courts (in German).
- The concentration camp
Very long and detailed article on one of humanity’s darkest sides.
- Princeton bans academics from handing all copyright to journal publishers
It’s always good to see major institutions taking a step in the right direction.
- Ex-F.B.I. Agent Cites High-Level Dysfunction Over 9/11
A former CIA agent published a behind the scenes book on the “War On Terror”.
- Top 20 Games Nintendo Wouldn’t Release In The US
I don’t play much anymore, but as a former console collector I know how frustrating this is (and I won’t even mention all the cool stuff that never made it to Europe).
- “Algorithm” is Not a Four-Letter Word
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
- What’s contained in a boarding pass barcode?
If you know me and this blog post series, you know that this is the type of stuff I like.
- Hackteria | Open Source Biological Art
Interview with Andy Gracie of Hackteria on bioelecronix and the Hackteria workshops.
- How Porsche hacked the financial system and made a killing
This article from 2009 shows very well why it’s called “playing the stock market”.
- Single dose of hallucinogen may create lasting personality change
What the headline doesn’t say, is that’s it’s a rather positive change. Anyway, every bit of serious drug research is a step in the right direction.