- How I got a blank book to the top of the Amazon charts
A good example of what marketing can do for you.
- The Grand Tour
Very interesting insight into a Chinese tour group in Europe.
- The mathematics of being nice
An interview with Martin Nowak professor of mathematics and biology at Harvard University (and Austrian btw) about evolutionary biology, mathematics and his beliefs.
- The Lisp Curse
While I don’t necessarily agree on all points, this is still a pretty interesting read.
- “Why is one man primarily responsible for the existence of the letter ‘J’ and what letter did it split off from? ":http://hotword.dictionary.com/j/
The language nerd in me like this a lot.
- This Tech Bubble Is Different
Let me sum up this article with an actual quote from it: “The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads,” he says. “That sucks.”
- The road to being a kick-ass public speaker
This should be mandatory reading for anyone speaking at (tech) conferences.
- What happens when an air traffic controller is asleep?
I really like insights into the aviation industry, so I found this quite interesting.
- The Worst Mistake in the History of the Human Race
Was adopting agriculture the worst mistake we ever made? According to this article, probably yes, but as always you are invited to form your own opinion.
- When Did Girls Start Wearing Pink?
A closer look at yet another gender stereotype.