- A few of my Git tricks, tips and workflows
Really nice collection of Git tricks by Markus Prinz.
- Booted – What really ails Italy?
Great New Yorker article by Tim Parks on Italy and Silvio Berlusconi.
- The Future Of Libraries In The E-Book Age
A follow-up to last week’s post on ebooks. I hope we’ll eventually have sane policies for digital media.
- The Writer’s Handbook
Prepared by the University of Wisconsin – Madison this has some good tips for writing English (a lot of which also apply to German).
- Interview With Albert Graef
An interview with the inventor of Pure, an unfortunately rather unknown functional programming language I used to play around with a bit last year (there’s also a second part).
- Why You Should Care About Cricket
This is a very good read not only about Cricket, but also about India.
- Detecting Cheaters
Interesting as always, this article by Bruce Schneier covers cheating, evolutionary psychology and formal logic.
- The Story of Emily and Control
Here we go, for once I’m linking to some fiction in “Information Overload”. This is a very nice short story, don’t let yourself be turned away by the fact that it was posted on LJ.
- The world can be powered by alternative energy in 20-40 years, Stanford researcher says
While this is interesting, I’m still somewhat doubtful that there’ll be enough political will to make this happen.
- The Cicada Principle and Why It Matters to Web Designers
When math helps design.