- 60 Worst Countries in the World
Although I find the name of this article a bit unfortunate, this is a sobering list of the world’s worst off countries.
- Europe by numbers: the complete interactive guide
Great interactive statistics about various aspects of life in Europe.
- Timeboxing: You Will Work Like Never Before
Ruben from Mostly Maths explains his time management strategy.
- How Carrots Became the New Junk Food
On how a US marketing company tries to market baby carrots as junk food to increase sales.
- Why defend freedom of icky speech?
Excellent post by Neil Gaiman on why defending of free speech also has to mean defending the rights of things you don’t agree with.
- A Conversation between Two Chat Bots
This makes for some hilarious dialogue and I really hope “Your conversation skills should be shot.” catches on as an internet meme. ;-)
- How to Feed the World by 2050: Biotech Isn’t the Answer
I like it when people can talk rationally about emotionally charged subjects.
- Do Not Touch the Frog
Very funny talk from World Science Festival about Mark Moffet’s search for an elusive poison dart frog.
- The editorial search engine
Journalist Jonathan Stray thinks about the future role of algorithmic curation in the newsroom.
- A Practical Guide to Protecting Your Identity and Security Online and When Using Mobile Phones.
Originally written for the people in the Middle East and North Africa, this document is a good resource for many people (available in English and Arabic).