- Chicks Who Rip: Amy Chen
Every initiative that wants to get more women into programming should get our support as male developers. It’s frickin 2011, can we get over gender stereotypes and finally accept female steel-workers and male nurses?
- Mauritius: A Glimmer of African Freedom
We don’t get good news about Africa often enough, so when they are there, we should share them despite the slightly liberterian undercurrent.
- Cool maps: Measuring growth from outer space
Interesting idea: measuring economic with satellite images analyzing light distribution in a country.
- Bringing Balance to the Force
Since I like balanced and balancing opinions, I also like Uncle Bob’s post on software craftsmanship.
- Frauen sind auch nur Männer
Is the real difference between men and women just a resulted of being trained in stereotypes? That’s what it looks like (in German).
- Never Use a Warning When you Mean Undo
Even though I’m no designer, I have a soft spot for articles on UI/UX design and this one is no exception.
- News Desk: Mubarak and the Generals
What role will the army play in the current Egyptian protests?
- How the Internet went out in Egypt
If you want to explain to non-techy friends how Egypt “turned off the internet”, this is a good resource.
- Political Flags of Extremism
Comprehensive collection of flags of far right and extremist groups. Also has a second part. Contains interesting information on some pretty obscure groups.
- The Inside Story of How Facebook Responded to Tunisian Hacks
Facebook’s role in the Tunisian revolution. More interesting for understanding how Facebook was used by the Tunisians than for the technical content, but still…